Nominations begin for North Hills Sports Hall of Fame

Connor Forsythe, Opinions Editor

Nominations for the Class of 2014 NHSD Sports Hall of Fame are currently being accepted, and they must be in by April 1.

The NHSD Sports Hall of Fame has been around for quite some time.  It began in 1995, and this year marks its 19th year in existence. Its purpose is to honor individuals who have made a name for themselves in athletics during and beyond their years at North Hills High School.

Some notable members of the NHSD Sports Hall of Fame include current North Hills teachers Pat Carey and Erik Kasperowicz and former NFL player LaVar Arrington. They, along with several other distinguished North Hills athletes or coaches, are enshrined in this notable program.

The inductees for the Sports Hall of Fame will be revealed in June, and they will be recognized during the Annual Sports Hall of Fame dinner in the fall. All NHSD Sports Hall of Fame members are encouraged to attend, and it should be a very special evening for the new members.

It is up to everyone interested in North Hills Athletics to fill out a nomination form and have a say in who will be the new inductees. Completed nomination forms should be forwarded to Activities Coordinator Mrs. Zimmerman. However, time is running out to nominate the new hall of fame class.