Senior Thoughts

Senior+Thoughts

Lily Frazier, Staff Writer

As the end of this year quickly approaches lots of seniors, myself included, have mixed feelings. Many are excited to graduate and be done with high school, where others are scared to leave. With college applications, thinking about your future, and moving out of your parents house, this time is very exciting yet scary for most. 61.8% of students go to college immediately following high school. This number has been declining gradually as years go by. In my opinion, I believe that unless you know exactly what you want to do, college might not be the best idea for you. I plan on taking a gap year before immediately jumping into college. Since I’m still not sure what I want to do for the rest of my life, I think it would be not only a waste of money but also a waste of time to go before I decide exactly what to do. I can see why others immediately go to college after high school though, some even say it’s the best time of their lives. College is exciting because you can get away from your parents, meet new people, and experience new things. 

I think that a part of me will always miss high school as much as I hated coming here. Waking up early, walking from the student parking lot in the cold, and spending 6 hours in the same building going from class to class was never something I enjoyed. However, there were some things I enjoyed. Such as seeing my friends, favorite teachers, going to football games, school dances, and a couple more things. Now that we are almost halfway through the second semester I’m starting to realize how quickly it all went by. Thinking that in just a couple months I won’t ever have to come here again does upset me a bit. I have met some of my best friends in the last 4 years and thinking about us not seeing each other nearly everyday after graduation is a hard pill to swallow. I think one thing that upsets me the most is thinking about how I will never go to a North Hills football game as a student again. I started going to football games in probably 4th grade. Even though my friends and I couldn’t be in the student section, walking around, taking pictures, and following the themes even though they don’t really matter; it is always something I will remember. Once we could sit in the student section even though I wasn’t always the loudest, I still have made some of my best memories at the games. I think most seniors will always hold North Hills close to their hearts following graduation. Even if you weren’t the most involved in the school, I think we all can admit we all have at least one good memory here.