“Throwback” dance planned for March 14

David Haddad, Editor-in-Chief

The North Hills National Honor Society and SADD will be co-sponsoring a “throwback dance” on Friday, March 14. All proceeds will go toward the Ronald McDonald House of Pittsburgh, which provides shelter to families who are in the city while their child is being attended to at one of our many adept medical facilities.

The dance, which will be held from 7-10 p.m., is a “throwback” in more than one way. At North Hills, the term “throwback” is applied to any dance that is informal in dress, and participants are not expected to bring a date. It is a ”throwback” to junior high dances. The National Honor Society and SADD Dance Committee took the term one step further, as they have decided to intersperse music from the ’90s and 2000s, among the most recent tracks. DJ SubZ will be in charge of mixing the new and the old; his first time jockeying a North Hills event.

Student response to this dance has been incredible since word got out in early February, as this dance is a nostalgic kick-back to the simplicity of the junior high events. The Dance Committee is expecting high ticket sales and a packed gym.

Teachers will be participating in a “casual Friday” the day of the dance, with all proceeds going to Ronald McDonald House as well.

Tickets will be sold in side A of the cafeteria before homeroom and during all lunch periods  Wednesday through Friday the week leading up to the dance for $5 each. Tickets will be on sale at the door for $7, as well.