First Semester Reflection

First Semester Reflection

Jacob Kucharski

The first semester of the 2020/2021 school year is coming to an end. Students have had the option to attend online or in person. For some this has been a blessing, for others not so much.

COVID has dramatically changed our school lives. One of the most notable changes is that students no longer have to wake up as early to catch a ride. This time can allow students to get a little extra sleep. Feeling refreshed and well-rested is important to the academic performance and well-being of students. Hopefully, improvements have been seen. Students can now work more flexibly and not have to worry as much about everyday stressors at school. But for others, rarely being in school has been detrimental. Hardly seeing friends and making new ones is difficult at this time. Students can still see their friends out of school, but where most people our age see one another is in school. For some, there is a lack of social interaction and it has a negative impact on younger students. Most children truly develop their social skills in school.

One way or another, life will go on. Seeing friends is still very important to not only maintain friendships but to keep spirits high. Right now, we need to keep our spirits as high as possible.