Sneak Peak to High School Musical: The Musical: The Series

Photo%3A+imdb.com

Quinn Peters, Digital Media and Design

Since its debut on November 12th, 2019, Disney+ has been all the rage. This new streaming service has brought joy (and plenty of tears) into people’s lives. Among the countless movies, Disney Channel shows, and even the National Geographic documentaries, there is a show that stands out. You either love it or hate it; there’s no in between. That’s right, you guessed it – it’s High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. Created by Tim Federle, this “spin-off” of the hit trilogy High School Musical features Olivia Rodrigo as Nini, Joshua Bassett as Ricky, Matt Cornett as E.J., Sofia Wylie as Gina, and Kate Reiders as Miss Jenn. Fans of High School Musical 1, 2, and 3 are sure to like this fun-filled, corny sitcom. 

One of the most notable things about this series is the original songs. When I first started watching, I thought they were simply going to sing the songs from the movies. However, there are over 5 original songs along with new takes of “Stick to the Status Quo,” “Bop to the Top,” and “Get’cha Head in the Game!” The song “All I Want” was actually written by Olivia Rodrigo who sings it as Nini, and “Just a Moment” was written by both Olivia Rodrigo and Joshua Bassett. So despite having awesome new songs to ‘bop to the top’ to, the show stars amazing actors/singers to perform them! 

Want to keep reading? The full article will be posted in the Valentine’s Day issue of The Arrowhead.