Let’s Go to a Chorus Concert

Lets Go to a Chorus Concert

Victoria Noker, Staff Writer

Another combined chorus concert has come and gone. This annual concert includes choirs from the elementary schools all the way up to the Senior High Symphonic Choir. The theme this year was “Let’s Go to the Movies!”. Each song performed for this concert was chosen from a movie soundtrack.

The North Hills Singers started the concert by singing, “Let’s Go to the Movies!” from the movie Annie and the end credits from Jurassic Park. The Children’s Choir followed singing three songs, including “Everything is Awesome” from the Lego Movie. The seventh grade chorus slowed things down by singing “A Thousand Years” from Twilight. Found in the movie Joyful Noise, the eighth grade chorus sang “Man in the Mirror”, first made famous by Michael Jackson. A song made popular by the movie Pitch Perfect, the high school Women’s Choir sang “Cups”. Wrapping up the concert, the Symphonic Choir sang a collection of songs, one of the favorites being “Bohemian Rhapsody” from Wayne’s World. And to finish off the concert, all the choirs came together and sang “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” from The Breakfast Club. All in all, the concert was very successful.

This concert in particular is very special to the North Hills Choral Program. It gives the younger kids a glimpse into high school choir, and gets them excited to continue their music education. A huge thank you to Mr. Cloonan, and all the choir directors involved, for putting together this wonderful concert. Mark your calendars for our next concert, May 20th! It will certainly be a great end to this school year.