Band-O-Rama set for Tuesday, February 25

MarySandra Do, Public Relations Editor

Band-O-Rama, a combined band concert, will take place on Tuesday, February 25 at 7 p.m. in the middle school auditorium in celebration of Music in Our Schools Month.

“The Band-O-Rama allows our parents and our community to see all the great things that are happening in our band program—to see what the future holds for their students,” says North Hills band instructor Mr. Lavelle.

The event will feature all of the hilltop’s bands from the seventh grade band all the way up to the senior high Wind Ensemble. This year’s Band-O-Rama theme is “Music makes me feel…”. Band students were asked how music affects them on a regular basis, and the responses were videotaped. The footage will be shown before the first performance of the night.

There will also be a guest soloist, Mr. Phil Webster, who plays with the River City Brass Band. He will play a concerto called “Drum Music” with members of the Wind Ensemble. “Drum Music” incorporates rock and pop sounds and will be combined with band repertoire. The bands will be performing in the order of least to most experienced—beginning with the seventh grade band to the Wind Ensemble. The night is set to end with a collaborative performance from the seventh grade band and the Marching Band, who will be playing our fight song, “Go Indians.”