Come to Jazz Night November 20th!

www.triblive.com
Back to Article
Back to Article

Come to Jazz Night November 20th!

www.triblive.com

www.triblive.com

www.triblive.com

www.triblive.com

Charlie Knox, Staff Writer

The High School Jazz Band will be performing at Jazz Night on November 20th in the High School Auditorium. This is a performance these students have worked their hearts out for. Countless hours of individual and group practice have led to this concert. “I think this group is going to do great things this year. I hope this concert can be the end of the beginning for us,” said sophomore Tabatha Kowal.

This event, which starts at 7:00 pm, will be the first time the Jazz Band will openly showcase their talent in a concert setting. However, this will be the group’s third performance this year so far having already jazzed up the High School Open House and at Community Day earlier this school year. There will also be a special performance by The ‘Burgh Big Band, which is a local, professional jazz band. Senior clarinetist Julia Shimkus on her first open performance with the group expressed that it is “exciting. My best friends are in this band and it’s an amazing opportunity to be able to make music with them every single day. Jazz concerts are much different than Wind Ensemble concerts but I look forward to performing with this special group. It’s our chance to show our families and friends everything that we’ve been working on.” The band will be performing pieces such as: “Manteca”, a Samba and Salsa mix; “Attitude Adjustment” a Jalen Jazz piece; “Skintone” a Bright Swing; as well as “The Nearness of You” a Ballad with featured vocal soloist Eleanore Pavelle.

Senior saxophonist Anelise McGee said, “I absolutely love being in Jazz Band, it’s a small, tight ensemble that really cares about each other and works hard for each other. I look forward to concerts as a way to perform what we create together, but we don’t look at concerts as ends, more of checkpoints. Being a part of this group with my best friends makes me eager to keep discovering more of what we can do together”.

This is definitely a night you don’t want to miss! Tickets for the event are free to the public and all are encouraged to come to this exciting event. The Jazz Band is looking forward to seeing all those in attendance and would like to thank their supporters for this amazing opportunity.

Any questions about this night or future concert dates may be directed to Mr. Len Lavelle at [email protected].