Jamie Halloran scores 1000th point

Jack McClintock, Entertainment Editor

It was on January 20th that North Hills’ own Jamie Halloran forever engrained her name in history. Halloran dropped her 1,000th point last Wednesday as the Lady Indians basketball team took on Mars. She is now the 3rd girl in North Hills’ history to reach this 1,000-point mark, which she soon surpassed later that game. Halloran drained a 3-pointer in the first few minutes of the game, and the crowd went wild. Officials stopped the game momentarily, and congratulated Halloran over the loudspeaker. She was awarded a commemorative basketball, later to be placed in the trophy case. Halloran was not done after she scored her 1,000th point, however. She went on to score fourteen points in the Lady Indians’ loss against Mars.

Halloran has been a driving force since her freshman year. She has been a varsity starter for the Lady Indians since the 9th grade, and will have four varsity letters for basketball after her time is up at North Hills. She averages just under twenty-one points a game as a guard. Jamie is captain of the Girls Basketball team, and is a force to be reckoned with on the court. Coach Lauren Wilmus had this to say about Halloran, “I’ve coached Jamie for the last three years, and I can honestly say she’s grown into one of the best players that North Hills has ever seen since she stepped on the floor here.”

However, Halloran is not just about the game. She has been an honor roll student in her years here at North Hills. She is the Vice President of Best Buddies, a relatively new club at North Hills, and is a member of the National Honors Society. She plays girls lacrosse for the high school as well, and is a four-year starter. Halloran plans to play basketball for Walsh University next year, but is unsure of her intended major.

Be sure congratulate Halloran on her 1000th point!