FBLA advances to states

FBLA advances to states

Andrew Feltz, News Editor

Recently the North Hills Future Business Leaders of America club, FBLA, received notice that ten members took top honors at the regional competition, and advanced to the state competition on April 10-13. At the regional competition the members took tests participated in presentations relating to various business education programs, against local schools such as North Allegheny and Pine Richland.

The following is a list of the names of the students who are advancing to states: senior Raymond Buehner (Business Calculations), sophomore Ryan Buzzard (Introduction to Business Procedures), junior Anastasia July (Accounting II), junior Alyse Kaminksi (Publication Design-Team Event), senior Keagan Lawson (Personal Finance), senior Chase Matvey (Insurance & Risk Management), sophomore Vincent Melchiorre (Introduction to Business Procedures-First Place), senior Hunter Ruck (Accounting I), junior Tyler Schmitt (Publication Design-Team Event), junior Madison Simms (Social Media Campaign-Top 10 in state), and senior Andrew Toplak (Business Calculations).

The ten students will hope to place in the top 3 of their respective categories, and advance to the national competition. Last year the North Hills FBLA featured a team of students to do so. Class of 2015 graduate Kyle McHugh, and current seniors Adam Averell and Nicholas Osmond finished third in the Management Decision Making category at states.

High school business teacher Kellee Kanith advises the North Hills FBLA club