North Hills Choirs Disney showcase set for March 4

NorthHillsChoirs

Audrey Domasky, Staff Writer

Dreams may just come true at this “Disney” themed, annual choir concert. Next week, the combination of all North Hills School choirs will gather together at 7 p.m. to perform the songs on which choral director, Mr. Shawn Cloonan, and students have worked. The night begins with performances from the Children’s Choir and the Middle School Choir. Then, the High School Women’s Choir, Symphonic Choir, and NH Singers will perform songs such as “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?”, “Seize the Day,” and “Circle of Life.”

Overall, the combined March concert showcases the talent of many age groups. Also, it is a great way to celebrate the beauty of voices singing together in general. Kara Hoffman, a senior and the Chorus treasurer, says, “The combined choral concert is a great way to showcase the vocal talent of North Hills students across all grade levels and create a fun variety of voices for the audience.”

The theme of the evening is actually a preview of the songs the choir will be performing in Disney World this April. In addition to the renditions of famous Disney songs, the students are ecstatic to present the choral arrangements to the fellow Disney lovers in Epcot in a few short months. Once again, support the North Hills Arts Department by joining the choirs next Tuesday for a night of singing, laughing, clapping, and foot tapping!