Senior leaders take the floor on Senior Night

image credit: quadasports.com

image credit: quadasports.com

Nick Smith, Sports/Video Editor

The North Hills Girls Basketball Team hosts West Allegheny tonight in their Senior Night game. The Indians have had great success this year, posting an 11-5 overall record and a 7-2 record in the section, placing them second behind North Allegheny with three games to go.

North Hills Girls basketball has not been in the playoffs in as many as seven years. However (partly because of two key seniors) the team is on track to make the playoffs this season. The key to a successful season thus far for the Indians has been senior forward Sierra Ungerman and senior guard Jamie Halloran.

Sierra Ungerman is a starter for the Indians and also started some games throughout her sophomore year. She is an excellent athlete, posting eight points and eight rebounds per game for the basketball team, as well as being a standout shot-putter for the track team. She wants to continue her athletic career in track after high school. She is getting lots of attention from Thiel, Slippery Rock, Chatham, Grove City, and Point Park. As of now she is undecided but wants to major in business communications. Though Sierra is a gifted athlete and has a demanding schedule, she still manages to carry a 4.0 GPA.

Jamie Halloran, on the other hand, is the leading scorer for the Indians and also has won Player of the Week twice this season. She surpassed 1,000 points on January 19th and is only the third girl ever to do so in North Hills Girls Basketball history. Jamie is also a four year starter for the Indians, and her senior season has been the best of all four. Along with Sierra, Jamie will also pursue her athletic abilities in college and play basketball at Walsh University, where she was offered a full scholarship. She would like to major in behavioral science, carrying her 3.9 GPA into college.