The Mic Drops on Friday… Come to Cabaret Night!

Courtesy+of+www.northhillschoralmusic.org+

Courtesy of www.northhillschoralmusic.org

Calvin Chmura, Public Relations and Promotions Manager

On Friday, February 13, the North Hills Choir will be hosting Cabaret Night, an opportunity for choir members to sing their favorite songs as a solo, duet, or small group. Cabaret Night offers a nice change of pace for students to showcase their voices in a different way: the students get to perform individually rather than being assigned songs.

Rather than having the performances held in the auditorium, the performers and parents completely transform the cafeteria A-side into a coffee house-like setting with cookies and drinks. The would-be cafeteria tables are arranged around the stage with tablecloths and centerpieces. If you didn’t go to North Hills, you would think we actually had a coffee shop.

This year the performance list is jam packed, including performances from Noah Pepmeyer, Allie Hoffman, Mary Hursen, Christine Brown, and many more! There will also be a performance from the new North Hills Barbershop Quintet, known as “Four and a Half Men” which includes Seniors Noah Pepmeyer, Jon Perez, and Devon Klaas along with junior Calvin Chmura and sophomore Brandon Hackimer.

Last year, the show was a great success, with the proceeds going toward the annual choir trip. In 2014, the group went to Orlando, Florida and was able to perform in Walt Disneyworld. This year the choir is heading to Hershey, PA in April to participate in the Music in the Parks competition.

Cabaret Night is fun night for people of all ages to enjoy. The cost is $5 to get in so make sure you come by the cafeteria on Friday night at 7 pm to hear some good music and support the choir program!