“Shrek the Musical Jr.” swamps the hilltop January 28th

photo from northhillschoralmusic.org

Sydney Brown, Editor-in-Chief

January 29th through the 31th North Hills Drama Club will present their winter musical, “Shrek the Musical Jr.” The cast and crew consist of seventh, eighth, and ninth graders, as well as older students helping out as student directors. This show has a large cast with lots of leads. Two of these roles, the parts of Shrek and Fiona, will be played by eighth grader Sean Nolan and ninth grader Megan Medfisch.

With less than two weeks to go until opening night, rehearsals are in full force. There are always challenges to overcome leading up to a show. Student Director, senior Maria Botterman, commented on one of these obstacles, “There are so many costume changes. The cast is constantly changing from white to green, then green to white again.” Perfecting these types of transitions and putting the finishing touches on a show can make or break it.

Cast and directors alike are anticipating great performances. Featured dancer, freshman, Hannah McCreary, is most pleased with the opportunity everyone gets to shine, “Everyone has really good and equally important parts,” she said. Maria is looking forward to the show for its humor, “It’s hilarious. It’s a much more modern show than we usually do, so everyone will understand the humor.” Come ready to laugh the 29th through the 31st. We hope to see you there!