From the Juniors, with Love.

From the Juniors, with Love.

Pride. Unity. Success. Three things that we can proudly say North Hills accomplished this year. It doesn’t mean there isn’t a single problem or everyone is best friends, but that we have come together as a school to accomplish things an individual never could.  Practically all of this was started by our senior class.  For once, a group of students decided they wanted to make their senior year better and different and did it.  What is even better is the entire school jumped on board. Not only were select student section leaders ready to be a part of something successful, but the entire school was, a difference from years past.

So, where do we go from here? One thing is for sure: the current junior class is not the same as the current senior class. We have different strengths, weaknesses, cliques, and interests. However, it is up to us to make sure great things keep happening at North Hills. Once again, we need to be sure the seniors act as catalysts to channel the excitement and potential our school has. To say the senior class is creative is an understatement, but the success our high school had this year is not only because of the senior class, it is because our entire school wanted to be great and have fun. If we want to continue this new found tradition of school pride, then the entire school will have to be behind this idea of success and pride every step of the way. Without the entire school, this past year would be abnormal, a one-time deal, an historical anomaly.

We can continue to make waves, attract attention, and, most importantly, do things that make everyone proud to be a North Hills Indian, whether a current student or alum. “School spirit” is a phrase that can instantaneously make eyes roll. But it shouldn’t be underestimated. It’s infectious and leads to a snowball effect. We try to do bigger and better. So, from the junior class to the senior class, thanks. Thank you for starting things North Hills can really be proud of. Thanks for, as cheesy as it may sound, bringing our school together. We hope that, one way or another, we can continue this precedent.

Although we groan about each other and have our differences, the junior class has been blessed with, enjoyed, tolerated, which ever you prefer… eleven years with the senior class, our “elders.” The seniors have, at some point or another, made our eyes roll so far in the back of our heads that they have hardly seemed tolerable, but the class of 2014 will definitely be missed.